Online Producer/Marketing Coordinator
Job Code: W-0613-OPMC
At Andrews McMeel we make books that make people smile. We love a good a laugh, a lively meal, exceptional friends and pie (who doesn't love pie?). We're looking for the brilliant, daring somebody who shares our passions and wants to unleash our stories to the world.
Increase awareness and sales of Andrews McMeel books and e-books through social media and corporate websites
- Manage the Andrews McMeel social media presence with the goal of increasing sales of Andrews McMeel print and e-books; including growing our audience, writing and development of content, and responding to questions and requests.
- Write and publish compelling content for the Andrews McMeel website, blog, various microsites and social media outlets.
- Create and manage the content marketing calendar for andrewsmcmeel.com, various microsites and social media channels.
- Maintain the corporate website to ensure that all product content is timely and accurate and that promotional content is fresh, compelling and working to drive sales and grow our audience.
- Create compelling graphics to support product merchandising on andrewsmcmeel.com
- Consult with authors to support their efforts to promote our books through online and social media channels.
- Consult with book editors on product descriptions to improve discoverability and conversion.
- Coordinate the development of videos and other digital creative assets as needed for marketing AMP products.
- Write and edit promotional copy.
- Work with e-book retailers to design targeted, relevant e-book promotions, including planning, execution and reporting on results.
- Manage online advertising for books and calendars, including the development of creative briefs, goals setting, management of the creative development, and reporting on results.
- Interest in and curiosity about web, social and mobile technologies and how they can be used to solve business and marketing problems
- High level of comfort using social media platforms
- High level of comfort using a content management system to maintain a website
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Empathy with customers and buyers; the ability to see our products through their eyes
- Excellent communication, including emails, reports, and presentations as well as advertising and promotional copywriting and editing and development of effective creative briefs
- A great eye for compelling visual design
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to successfully represent Andrews McMeel Publishing with e-book retailers, authors, and other business partners as well as with internal developers and other IT professionals
- Ability to make confident and intelligent decisions that reflect a solid understanding of Andrews McMeel Publishing's business goals and strategies
- Ability to represent Andrews McMeel Publishing with integrity, while conveying the sense of fun and delight associated with our brand and the quality associated with our products
- 1 - 3 years experience writing online content and/or managing online marketing programs
- Basic Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Basic HTML, Photoshop skills and InDesign skills
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
- Helpful, but not required: – FinalCut (or other video editing software)
– Expererience managing Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for the Online Producer position please submit your resume to: HRJobs@amuniversal.com