Job Code: W-1113-TD
The scope of this position is to develop, coordinate, implement and maintain new technology strategies for the various Universal Uclick (UU) group businesses. The position reports directly to the VP of Technology.These efforts will involve management of resources and directing team members and third-party contractors or consultants to implement UU's technology strategies according to plan and within budget. Working with internal business sponsors, the Technology Director will develop and execute various technology initiatives, with responsibility for meeting project objectives and managing quality control throughout the life cycle of such projects.
- Define the scope, establish goals, and develop written plans and timelines for various technology projects in collaboration with internal sponsors, senior leadership, and others as required.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Manage project expectations and tasks with team members & other stakeholders.
- Manage the training of project team members and staff members to develop skills in new technologies and tools needed in their current positions.
- Establish and build relationships with potential external partners as well as internal business groups.
- Gather business requirements, design system architecture and create process flows with input from the business sponsors.
- Provide guidance and direction to external partners related to social networking, affiliate programs, advertising, communities, email marketing, mobile applications, digital content, e-commerce, and website development.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, short deadline environment, adapting to shifting priorities and timelines using analytical and problem solving skills.
- Mature business intelligence that supports optimum decision-making. Includes commercial awareness and financial sophistication.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work successfully with team members, associates, managers, consultants, and outside partners with diverse backgrounds and objectives who have a variety of communication and working styles.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research into project-related issues and products for best possible solutions.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies easily.
- Competence in providing technical direction on digital content-management solutions.
- High-level understanding of web technologies and ecommerce.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge and a passion for the digital technology industry and evolving trends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Four-year college degree in the field of Information Technology/Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management role, including all aspects of process development and successful execution.
- Familiar with programming languages; C#, ASP, Ruby on Rails
- Database and operating systems experience with Windows, Linux and SQL Server.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including web application development.
- Previous successful experience managing a technology team.
- Technically competent with various software programs; MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to flowchart business processes and integrate the technology components and systems needed to support the business objectives inside the diagram.
- Familiarity with both PC and Apple technology environments.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for the Technology Director, position please submit your resume to: HRJobs@amuniversal.com